Thursday, February 9, 2012

Where we are

     My computer had a hardware malfunction last week, as in, my onboard sound died. I had to order a sound card in order to have any sound again. So while waiting for that, and on top of school work, the past week has been hard to get any game work done. However, I have started  up again, going through the code and making the code more readable and organized with comments, etc. So far, everything looks much more professional and readable, which is a good thing.
     Now it's time to fix that bug that I mentioned last time. Eric and I narrowed it down to a very specific test case, and so we at least no what triggers the bug. That said, it's very confusing because in the code that triggers the bug right now, does a very simple task and "shouldn't" effect anything else. In the world of programming though, that means nothing, so I'm going to tear that code apart until I find this bug.
      After that, it will be sending player movement back and forth, just so we can see each other and feel that we are moving forward. I'm motivated to find this bug, because it is super annoying and frustrating. But, after I find it and get everything working, it's only up from here.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment